Monday, January 20, 2014

I was wondering, do you think an able-bodied author would be able to write a realistic character w/ a disability (fanfic or original fiction), if they do their research and avoid stereotypes? You keep making references to the writers needing to do research (which I agree with) but do you think someone needs to have those experiences first hand, in order to write them?


[Image is: a fountain pen on lined paper, writing]

I think it IS possible for able-bodied people to write characters who are disabled.  I think research is the key, though.  Research and being willing to ask questions if you don’t know how something would work.  I don’t have all the answers but I’m here if you do have questions, and if I don’t know, I’ll do my best to point you in the right direction.
Thanks for your question!

No comments:

Post a Comment