Friday, March 21, 2014

Does certain type of physical activity help when your muscles tighten up? Or help prevent that feeling?


For general tenseness, stretching helps.  For about a month in January, I started stretching for the first time in way too long.  My muscles were super tight, and I did notice a difference.  But after a month I started having other pain as a result of the stretching.  Which was kind of frustrating.
If you’re referring to the reactive tension that happens when I get anxious or intent on something, physical activity doesn’t really help.  It’s more a very deliberate, conscious effort, sometimes even saying out loud to myself, “relax” because relaxing those muscles is not a natural act.  It takes concentration and intention.
Thanks for asking!

No comments:

Post a Comment