Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Advice: Good Sources to Learn About Cerebral Palsy

Are there any good sources (websites, books, etc.) to learn about cerebral palsy?



This is actually a tough one! You can Google anything. But as far as websites and books, I’m not sure, because most of those sites are by able bodied people (or I would assume, anyway.) Honestly, I think the best way to learn is to talk to us. Listen to us. 
If you want information on people in the public eye with CP, I know of a couple: Geri Jewell is an actress and comedian, who was on The Facts of Life, and more recently had a small guest starring role on Glee. RJ Mitte starred on Breaking Bad. And though she doesn’t have CP, Ali Stroker who is a wheelchair user and stars in this video with Dani Shay, is a fantastic resource for learning more about wheelchair users and disability in general. You’ll see her on my blog a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment