Friday, October 3, 2014

My Thoughts on The Amazing Race 25 episodes 1 and 2

Are you watching Amazing Race tonight? I skimmed your disability blog to see if you'd posted a reaction to the first episode, but didn't see one.

LOVE seeing Bethany competing on The Amazing Race!  There hasn't been a lot of focus on her, but in a way, I think that's a good thing.  With so many teams, it makes sense to have less time to focus on each individual team.  

Last week, I don't remember much of my reaction, other than just how unnecessarily nervous I felt for her.  She did fine.  She and Adam were in the lead and finished solidly in the middle of the pack.

This week, they made the tasks look so easy, I actually went back and rewatched their turns to see how they navigated after all the other teams seemed to struggle.  I agree with what Bethany said about how her adaptability could give her an edge in the competition.  And from what I've seen?  Lots of her experience as a surfer (with balance and calm) has served her well, too.  And I was so happy they went for the Express Pass (and found it!)  Not only is it a smart move competitively, but also, as Bethany said, if they come up against a task she can't do, it will be invaluable.

Really excited to see how well they do!

No comments:

Post a Comment