Monday, September 9, 2019

So, I have trauma...

332 words
3 minute read

Yes, me.

Surprised?

Yeah, I'm not either.

Considering the life I've had, it's amazing I'm here at all.  It's amazing all I have is trauma (and let's be honest, I probably don't just have trauma...)

(NOTE: I'm not looking for direction, suggestion, or commentary here.  This is me practicing positive coping.  Kindly stay out of my comments with what I "should" do, medically or otherwise.)

But listen, because I'm about to blow your mind with something (maybe mine, too.)  I don't want to be one of those infinitely positive people at the exclusion of everything else - and the detriment of myself and my mental wellness.  The thing is...I don't think it's wrong to try to find those glimmers of joy that exist while in the midst of the crapfest that is the fall/winter months and my trauma.

[Image is: Reddish orange fall leaves in sunlight, with frost on them.]


First on the list?

1.  Brainstorming at 7:30 AM with Tara.  Coming up with characters out of the blue and giving them the same name without checking with each other first.  (How's that for twinbraining?)

2.  The imminent arrival of a new candle (Perseverance!)  I mean, we can't have enough delicious-smelling candles.

3. Also the ability to just tell someone: "Hey.  My whatever-month trauma got nudged."  And for them to get it.  And, yeah, it still sucks.  But it sucks a little less being able to talk about it.

(I'm pretty sure I had more than 3 things on this list.  Come on, brain.  We've got this...)

4.  Taking time once a week to talk to the inner-children.  Today, I told them, I know we're sad.  But it is going to be okay.  Because it is.  Life can't suck all the time.  It's not possible.

So, if any of you are where I am today - and you can't find your own glimmer of joy - here's one:

You're not alone.

We've got this.

***

Don't forget to connect on Facebook / Twitter / Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I always love hearing from people. :)