Friday, August 28, 2015

The Worst Birthday I've Had

164 words 
1 minute read

The worst birthday I've had, I think, was my 21st.  It happened at a time when we were having a lot of family issues.  There was a death in the family right around our birthday that year, as well as other things.  It was more than that, though, because 2002 was a difficult year generally.

The singular good memory I have from that birthday was our uncle taking my sis and me (plus my younger cousin, and youngest brother) to the movie theater and we all watched Spirit: The Stallion of the Cimarron.  It was a beautiful movie, and one I felt deeply connected to.  

As I don't have any pictures of me from my 21st birthday, I chose this one, from about six months later.  It's very posed, and though they are my own clothes, I'm supposed to be dressed as someone else. 

It was a very painful time to be myself.



***

Don't forget to connect on Facebook / Twitter / Instagram



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I always love hearing from people. :)