Friday, July 27, 2018

Happy Bloggerversary - 4 Years at Tonia Says (Part 1)

286 words
2 minute read

Friends, on July 29th it will be 4 years I've been blogging at Tonia Says!  Can you believe it?



[Image is: a birthday cake with four candles: two candles lit, one being lit, and one yet to be lit.


Over the years, I have written many posts.  I want to share with you the Top Ten posts since I started blogging here.  Keep reading for 10-7:

10.  Parenting Kids With Disabilities: Autonomy and Consent - This was the final post in my parenting series last summer, and an issue I am super passionate about.  Too often, people with disabilities are treated as though or "no" does not matter, and that often starts in childhood.

9.  Parenting Kids With Disabilities: Helping Your Kids Accept Their Diagnosis - Another post from the summer series of 2017.  I'd read a lot of these types of posts by parents of kids with disabilities but nothing seemed to exist written by someone in the disability community.  So, this post was born.

8.  What You Need to Know About Pushing Someone's Wheelchair Without Permission - For this one, we're going all the way back to 2015!  Such a common issue in the disability community and again I'd yet to read a cohesive piece offering any insight or advice on the matter.  So, I wrote this, and it caught on.  I'm really glad it did.

7.  Book Review:  Me Before You by Jojo Moyes - Every once in a while, I read something, or watch something on TV and I post a review sharing my thoughts.  Long before this became a movie (November of 2015) I read this book and had to write up my thoughts.

***


Don't forget to connect on Facebook / Twitter / Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I always love hearing from people. :)