Sunday, July 29, 2018

Happy Bloggerversary - 4 Years at Tonia Says (Part 3)

338 words
3 minute read

Finally, it's here, friends!


Tonia Says was created on July 29th, 2014 - and little did I know what great things would come from it.  Friendships, connections to the disability community, the opportunity to share my experience and have it mean something.  Have it help others.

Without further ado, here are the Top 3 posts on Tonia Says.  Thanks so much for being here.


[Image is: a cake with four candles being lit.]

3. Let's Talk About the Gap Between Disabled Adults and Parents of Kids with Disabilities - Another good one from 2016, tackling a difficult topic.  There's no denying that there's a gap between most nondisabled parents and disabled adults.  But today, I'm proud to say, one of my closest friends is a parent of a child with CP.  It is possible to bridge the gap, and I am so glad for that!

2.  An Open Letter to Whitney Ellenby - The only post from 2018 on the list, but I am glad it's this one.  The abuse of disabled children often goes unacknowledged, unreported, and excused.  There's never an 'understandable' reason to harm a disabled child.  

1. Parenting Kids with Disabilities: What You Can't See (Invisible Aspects of CP)  - So, I'm not gonna lie, I'm super happy that this post is the top one.  When brainstorming for the parenting series back in 2017, this post almost wasn't part of the series.  But my sis (who always has the most brilliant ideas) said: "What about a post describing all the things about CP parents can't see?" and bam.  When I sat down to write this, words just poured out.  I went back to it several times, to add more content that I had overlooked.  And it makes me so happy to know that people in the CP community as well as the nondisabled community who have a child with CP in their family have been so receptive to this post.

Click here for Part 1 and Part 2

***

Don't forget to connect on Facebook / Twitter / Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I always love hearing from people. :)