Monday, September 25, 2017

Parenting Kids with Disabilities: Conclusion

154 words
1 minute read

Previously on Summer Blog Series 2017: Introduction / Accepting Your Child's Diagnosis / Helping Your Kids Accept Their Diagnosis / Accepting a Subsequent Diagnosis / Presuming Competence / Surgery / Adaptive Equipment / Public Interaction / Adapting / What You Can't See (Invisible Aspects of CP) / What Ableism Looks Like / Identity / Inclusion vs. Accommodation / Community / Advocacy / Autonomy and Consent / Conclusion


Dear Parents (Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Extended Family),

Thank you.

Thank you for reading this series.  Even if you only found a post here or there along the way.  My hope is that whatever post you found resonated with you, and will, in some way, help you help your child with a disability.

I've gotten to hear from a lot of you, and it has been so amazing.  But if you've not commented or gotten in touch yet, please feel free.  Let me know if you read the parenting series. If there was a particular post that resonated with you.  If you learned something you didn't know before.

You can find me on Facebook and Twitter.  You can also email me at toniasayscp@gmail.com with any questions.

[Side by side pictures of me at age 4, and last year.  I have the same expression, haha!)

***

Don't forget to connect on Facebook / Twitter / Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I always love hearing from people. :)