Monday, May 11, 2020

We Belong: Chapter 19

166 words
1 minute read

TOGETHER AGAIN
(Lexie)

It’s a lonely few days before Mr. Hopps comes back to me.  Jesse feels terrible and loans me Carrot Breath to sleep with, but it doesn’t help.  Mr. Hopps is the only one who can calm me down and he’s not here.  
I’m watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles when Dad sets Mr. Hopps in my lap.  
“Where were you?” I ask, hugging my rabbit close.
“Decided to take a little ride down to the hospital laundry room.  Lucky, they found him with Jesse’s name still on the tag.”

[Image: A laundry room]
“Silly Mr. Hopps.  Rabbits hate water!” I say cuddling him.  It’s been more than a week since I have held him close.  I smell him, and he still smells the same.  

Thank goodness.

Return to the Table of Contents


Question for Discussion:

Do you have a special stuffed animal or blanket that helps you calm down like Lexie and Jesse?

***

Don't forget to connect on Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I always love hearing from people. :)