Monday, January 4, 2021

21 Wishes and Goals For 2021

281 words
2 minute read

2020 felt like it lasted forever...while also passing by in a blink.

With the arrival of this new year, here are 21 wishes I have for 2021, in no particular order.  Some are big, some are small.  Some are personal, some are widespread:

[A wooden table with twine, pine needles, acorns, cinnamon sticks an envelope and a package]

***

1.  Rebuild public safety division / disband current police forces.

2. Prioritize the safety of high-risk lives during this pandemic.

3.  A new president.

4.  Finish writing book 8 if I haven't yet.

5.  More authentic representation of disabled people in media (especially disabled POC)

6.  Keep making time for and being intentional about having fun.

7. Prioritize rest.

8.  Read more books by disabled people (especially disabled POC)

9.  Be more present.

10.  Sing more songs.

11.  Eat lots of chocolate.

12.  Write more with @TaraJean (if she wants.)

13. When made aware of my own ableism, racism, etc, to take it in, apologize sincerely and promise not to do the thing again.  Then, do not do the thing again.

14. Keep getting better at taking criticism.

15.  Hold firmly to my own opinion.  While I can change my own if it is uninformed, I don't need to forfeit having an opinion for acceptance or love.

16.  Prioritize gentleness and self care.

17.  Check in with others frequently.

18.  Maybe cry?  (A little?)

19.  Take care of my inner children every day.

20.  Safety for all disabled people.

21.  Love and affirm others in the way that they feel most loved and affirmed.  And don't forget to love myself, too.

***

Don't forget to connect on Facebook / Twitter / Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I always love hearing from people. :)