Monday, April 26, 2021

7 Of My Favorite Deaf Performers

161 words
1 minute read

TW: Gif Post

The very first time I felt seen and represented on TV, it was because I saw Linda Bove on Sesame Street.  She later appeared in my favorite childhood movie, and played a pivotal role there.


Because the presence of Linda's character was so meaningful to me as a child, I wanted to share some of my favorite Deaf performers:

***


LINDA BOVE - (Sign Language Supervisor - Deaf West's Spring Awakening)

***


REN - (Eleven Things You Should Know About Deaf People)

***


RYAN LANE - (as Travis Barnes in Switched at Birth 5x09 "The Wolf Is Waiting")

***


SANDRA MAE FRANK - (in Kelly Clarkson's music video for "I Dare You")

***


SHAYLEE MANSFIELD - (in the A&E documentary "Deaf Out Loud")

***


SHOSHANNAH STERN - (as Dr. Lauren Riley in Season 16 of Grey's Anatomy)

***


TRESHELLE EDMOND - (as Martha Bessell in Deaf West's Spring Awakening)


***

Don't forget to connect on Facebook / Twitter / Instagram


2 comments:

Please feel free to leave a comment. I always love hearing from people. :)