Monday, April 20, 2020

We Belong: Chapter 16

137 words
1 minute read

SO MANY CHANGES
(Lexie)

One of the days, we have to get our hair washed.  Jesse is dressed today, in sweats.  I’m not, and I don’t even care I’m not matching him.  We go in a room with a giant sink and a nurse (not Annette) washes my hair, so I can still stay in my wheelchair.  

Well, this one isn’t really mine. It’s the hospital’s.  I miss the Batmobile.  This one is too big and brown.  It doesn’t talk to me like the Batmobile does.  Brown isn’t a good color, either.  Not bright and shiny like yellow.

[Image: The silhouette of a hospital wheelchair]



Return to the Table of Contents


Question for Discussion:

Do you ever miss your adaptive equipment like Lexie misses her Batmobile?


***

Don't forget to connect on Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I always love hearing from people. :)