Friday, September 11, 2020

Books I've Read in 2020: 81-85

397 words
3 minute read

81.

Genre:  Children's > Picture Books

Disability Representation: No.

Rating: 4/4 (LOVED it!)

Excerpt of GoodReads Summary: Join the fun as a baby boy discovers the unique features that make his face so special in Pretty Brown Face.

What I Thought: SUCH an important book for the babies.  I loved it.

***

82.

Genre: Children's > Picture Books

Disability Representation: Yes (one boy in a wheelchair!)

Rating: 4/4 (LOVED it!)

Excerpt of GoodReads Summary: This book is filled with all the things little brown boys love.

What I Thought: Great illustrations and an important story!

***

83.

Genre: Children's > Picture Books

Disability Representation: No.

Rating: 4/4 (LOVED it!)

Excerpt of GoodReads Summary: In her debut picture book, Misty Copeland tells the story of a young girl--an every girl--whose confidence is fragile and who is questioning her own ability to reach the heights that Misty has reached. Misty encourages this young girl's faith in herself and shows her exactly how, through hard work and dedication, she too can become Firebird.

What I Thought: As a dance fan, I LOVED this one!

***

84.

Genre: Children's > Picture Books

Disability Representation: No.

Rating: 1/4 (It was OK)

Excerpt of GoodReads Summary: Julius Lester says, "I write because our lives are stories. If enough of those stories are told, then perhaps we will begin to see that our lives are the same story. The differences are merely in the details." Now Mr. Lester shares his own story as he explores what makes each of us special. Karen Barbour's dramatic, vibrant paintings speak to the heart of Lester's unique vision, truly a celebration of all of us.

What I Thought: Hearing this read aloud, I found I could not tell what was text from the book and what was commentary.

***

85.

Genre: Children's Fiction

Disability Representation: No.

Rating: 2/4 (Liked it)

Excerpt of GoodReads Summary: Meet the World’s Funniest Kindergartner—Junie B. Jones! Lucille is having a sleepover party—at her richie nanna’s big giant house! Grace and Junie B. can’t wait to see all the rich stuff in that place. Sleeping over at the nanna’s is sure to be a dream come true! ’Cause what could possibly go wrong?

What I Thought: This was a pretty enjoyable one!  Junie B. was extra funny and I love all the grandma love.


***

Don't forget to connect on Facebook / Twitter / Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I always love hearing from people. :)