Monday, August 17, 2020

We Belong: Chapter 33

177 words
1 minute read

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
(Lexie)

We don’t hear anything on the walkie-talkie for three minutes.  Then, four.  Then, five.  Then, there’s a knock at the door.  

“Lexie, Shane’s here!” Dad calls.

I hold my breath.  In a few seconds, Shane is standing in the doorway of the bedroom.  He comes in, closes the door and takes off his backpack.  

Then, I see it.  He takes out my candy and lays it on my bed.

“Mission accomplished,” Shane says proudly.

I give him the biggest hug ever.  

He hugs me, too, and then says, “I better go home before Connor is covered in glitter.”

[Image: Gold glitter]


“Thank you, Shane.  And tell Connor thanks, too!” I say.

“No problem.  What are friends for?” Shane asks, sending us a smile before he leaves again.



Return to the Table of Contents


Question for Discussion:

Have you ever come through for a friend like Shane does for Lexie?

Has a friend ever come through for you like that?  How did you feel?


***

Don't forget to connect on Facebook / Twitter / Instagram


2 comments:

  1. Mission accomplished! I'm so glad Lexie has her candy back. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. I always love hearing from people. :)